- Select the least toxic product for your home.
- Buy only as much as you will use.
- Read lable instructions for use, storage and disposal hazards.
- Avoid aeroso spray cans whenever possible.
- Buy liquid, paste or powder forms of products.
- Dispose of toxic waste as recommended.
- Roaches and other insects are discourage by good house keeping practices.
- Store food in sealed containers.
- Bathe pets frequently to discourage fleas.
- Avoid hard-to-clean stains in the oven by wiping out after each use.
- Air out the house occasionally to avoid the use of chemical air fresheners.
- Never mix chlorine bleach with any other cleaning agent such as ammonia or vinegar. It may create toxic fumes.
- Store all cleaning solutions out of the reach of children.
- Never transfer a product to a container that once held food or drink to avoid accidental poisoning.
- Be sure that each container has a label.