Solid Waste Management
In order to qualify for this globe : |
* The Orchid has implemented a recycling program for each material for which there is a recycling market in Bombay.
* We do not use carbon copies in any area of the hotel, as the chemicals used in them are toxic and kill micro-organisms that break up solid waste in landfills.
* We use handmade paper and office paper made of 100% post-consumer (re-cycled) content.
* We have a formal preventative maintenance program which increases the life of major equipment, thus reducing the frequency with which equipment or parts need to be replaced, resulting in both the reduction of landfill waste and the consumption of raw materials needed to create new equipment.
* The Orchid has made a commitment to minimize the amount of toxins that enter the water system and waste stream by use and disposal. Chemical pesticides are not used at all. When ever possible, organic products are used instead of chemical products as in the case of fertilizer produced through the vermi-composting process. All chemicals selected for use are inspected by HVS Eco Services and meet ECOTEL standards.
Click on the link above to make an instant reservation.
OR Ring: 1-600-11-5432 (Toll Free in India),
Adjacent to Domestic Airport