At The Orchid, we succeeded in proving that environment friendly combined with innovation and a deep sense of commitment can go hand in hand. This fact has been reiterated by the fact that since its inception in September 1997 The Orchid has won innumerable International and National awards, which are:
1. Recognised globally as "The Hallmark of Environmentally Sensitive Hotels", ECOTEL certification is awarded by HVS Eco Services, a part of the reputed hospitality consulting giant, HVS International, USA. The certification, which has been granted to less than 33 hotels worldwide, is an acknowledgement of The Orchid's comprehensive ground -up commitment to ecosensitivity. The Orchid was awarded the ECOTEL certification in May 1997. Incidentally The Orchid is the first hotel in Asia to be awarded the ECOTEL title.
2. In November 1998 The Orchid was the proud recipient of the much coveted World Travel Market's (WTM) Environmental Company Awards 1998. WTM is the global event for the Travel Industry, promoting domestic, inter-regional and international travel throughout the world. Ms. Janet Anderson, MP - Tourism & Broadcasting, at the Earls Court in London, presented the Award to the hotels Director, Mr. K. P. Kannampilly.
4.Next, The Orchid was conferred with the status of an INDUSTRY PIONEER by ECOTEL for leadership in the field of environmentally responsible hotel design and operations. This award was handed over by Founder and Chairman of HVS ECO SERVICES Mr. Stephen Rushmore to Mr. Vithal Kamat, Managing Director of The Orchid Hotel on 24th October 1999.
5. The year 2000 began on a happy note with The Orchid winning the GREEN GLOBE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2000 - RECOGNITION AWARD. Recognition awards are nominated by Green Globe Industry Associates for the members of their own organisations that they feel have made significant steps towards the environment.The International Hotel and Restaurant Association nominated The Orchid Hotel. The award was presented at a ceremony held during the ITB, Berlin on 15th March 2000. The award was presented by Chairman of Green Globe Mr. Bob Collier. The award was received by Mr. Vithal Kamat, Managing Director and Mr. Param Kannampilly, Director on behalf of The Orchid.
6. The second award won by us was the
DR. M S SWAMINATHAN AWARD FOR ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION. This award was instituted in 1995 by the EARTHCARE GROUP in association with the ROTARY CLUB OF MADRAS EAST. The Orchid is the first Hotel in India to receive this award. The award ceremony took place on 7th August 2000. Mr. K. P. Kannampilly, Director of The Orchid received the award on behalf of the Hotel at the hands of Dr. M. S. Swaminathan.
8. The next award won by The Orchid was the HCIMA (Hotel Catering International and Management Association) Hospitality Awards 2000 instituted by HCIMA themselves, for the Best Environment Policy. The award ceremony took place on 11th October 2000 in London. The award was received by Mr. Param Kannampilly, Director of The Orchid.
9. The latest in the collection of awards is the World Travel Market's Environmental Company Awards 2000 received on 15th November 2000 at London. This is the second time that The Orchid has received this award, the first being
10. The Orchid has just been recertified as a
5 Globe ECOTEL Hotel on 6th December 2000. Mr. Christopher Balfe, Divisional President of HVS Eco Services came down specially from USA for the reclassification. The Orchid is among the only 4 Hotels in the world to be a
5 Globe Ecotel Hotel.
11. The Orchid is presently complying with the requirements for the ISO 14001 certification, which we will receive shortly.
Click on the link above to make an instant reservation.
OR Ring: 1-600-11-5432 (Toll Free in India),
Adjacent to Domestic Airport