|OUR GREEN ROOMS
We make every effort to ensure that our guests enjoy a healthy and comfortable stay. To this end, we use imported anti-allergy and odour-free Carpets.
In keeping with our Environmental commitment, every room is a 'green room'. We have brought down the use of wood, paper and plastic to a bare minimum.
- In house paper and plastic shopping bags have been replaced by cloth bags.
- News-papers and laundry are delivered in cane baskets.
- All closet hangers are made from pressed particle boards while the pens and pencils are made out of recycled cardboard, reprocessed plastic and scrap wood.
- All stationary is either handmade or made from recycled paper.
- Guests are provided with hand-crafted, rubber-soled reed slippers for use in the room.
- Use of cut flowers has been totally eliminated from guest rooms and replaced with healthy potted plants.
- Each room has a 'recycle bin' in addition to the waste bin, so that involved guests can deposit recyclable material for reuse.
- The 'Eco-button' on the bed-side panel, is a part of our environmental commitment.
- The resultant savings in electricity are translated into its rupee equivalent by a central computer. The savings are displayed on the guest profile and a certificate is isued for the same
GUEST PARTICIPATION PROGRAMME
When a guest voluntarily presses this button, the thermostat of the room's air-conditioning unit is stepped up by 2oC. The resultant savings in electricity are translated into rupee terms by a central computer, displayed on the guest profile and folio and a certificate issued to the guest.
The Hotel has introduced the key card system wherein the lights and AC's are activated only as the Guest's card is inserted into the Energy Saving Device. The system also ensures that the room automatically goes into the "power down" mode when the guest leaves.
All the materials and systems used in constructing and running The Orchid are eco-friendly. Click here for more information on how we qualified for the ECOTEL award.