The JadhavGADH Fort has 300 years of history and rich heritage within its walls. The rich heritage of the fort is full of legends and stories of royal Maratha culture and history. The JadhavGADH Fort is a magnificent structure created by Pilaji Jadhav Rao, the Maratha general of the Chhatrapati Shahuji and the son of Chhatrapati Shivaji’s army. The heritage resort near Pune has a great rich experience to offer to its visitors. The fort has witnessed a series of battles and defeats by the British in the 19th century, which led to the collapse of the Maratha Empire.
Here are the 5 Reasons to visit JadhavGADH Fort
1. Royal Maratha Experience: The JadhavGADH Fort will make your dream to live like a royalty come true. The art and the architecture has a Maratha style to it which creates the best and memorable experience for the visitors. Perched on the hill JadhavGADH Fort welcomes you with the armour of spikes on the main door, the rock stairs and stone balcony which will take you to the old era. The place is just within the driving distance from Mumbai which makes the fort a perfect weekend getaway from Mumbai. Don't forget to carry a camera to capture these experiences which you would brag about to your friends and colleagues.
2. Nature Expedition: Go onto the trekking expedition in the jungle and get adventurous with River Crossing and mountain climbing. The JadhavGADH Fort, being a heritage hotel in Pune and surrounded by rich nature and it is the paradise for adventure sports lovers who would love to feel the blood pumping up in their veins. The Fort is also a paradise for animal lovers who want to surround themselves with beautiful creatures, as bird and animal watching is also one of the popular activities at the fort.
3. Aai Museum: At the Aai museum at the JadhavGADH Fort, you will discover the untold stories of the fort and the Maratha kings. The entire museum is dedicated to 'Aai' which means ‘mother’. It took 30 years to collect these artefacts and each artefact has a hundred of years’ history. The artefacts at Aai Museum include a collection of centuries’ old handheld knives and other weapons and is defiantly a place to visit.
4. The Spa: The world will fade out when you experience the heavenly spa at our resort in Pune. The music and the pool overlooked by the trees make the ambience more soothing. The refreshing and overwhelming massage by professionals is an experience which has made the spa well appreciated by the visitors at the JadhavGADH.
5. Engaging Events: The JadhavGADH Fort has amazing martial art and Gazal music shows for the entertainment of the visitors. Witness the Maratha martial arts in its raw form. This art is passed on through several generations to these performers. The Maratha martial art is also known as Mardani Khel and is one of the most popular Indian martial art forms.
The Gazal Nights is a music event coupled with ‘Mostly Grilled’ a traditional Indian cuisine food. You would enjoy the soothing Gazal music performed by the talented artists. These events are the experiences which will make you crave for more.
Enjoy these experiences at our heritage hotel in Pune, with our incredible facilities and resplendent rooms. At Fort JadhavGADH, with our activities, restaurants and spa we aim to create a regal experience for our guest. Book yourself a royal retreat today!