Goa is usually divided into two parts, viz-a-viz North Goa and South Goa, each of which offers something special for the visitors to enjoy. While on one hand, North Goa is known for the bustle, South Goa is relatively calm giving you the peace you want on a vacation. Adding to the calmness is the water sports in South Goa that attract people from across the world. So, while planning your next trip to Goa, make sure to enjoy these water sports along with other activities to have the most out of it.
What To Do?
Kayaking & Banana Boat Rides - With the swelling waves crashing against the coast, Kayaking is one of the most popular ways to embrace the high tides in a small boat. While in South Goa, you can either go Kayaking or on a banana boat ride where you sit in a small boat paddling the tides as they take you along in the vast sea.
- Parasailing - Being a few metres above the sea, hanging to a parachute tied to a motor boat. If the thought is intriguing enough for you, then parasailing is your calling as you get to fly with the wind in the middle of the ocean. If the wind is a bit light, then the less height of the parachute will take your feet through the waves giving the best experience.
- Flyboarding - An extreme sport where a machine is attached to a board where the rider stands. The hose attached to the board propels a jet spray taking the rider high in the air. If you have tried everything and still haven’t felt the thrill, then give a try to this sport that stands among some of the most thrilling water activities in South Goa.
- Jet Skiing - If you have a knack for bikes and races, then jet skiing is your thing because why not ride like that on water? Jet Skiing is another amazing water sport you can opt for as you plan your trip to South Goa. In the deep waters of Goa, you can run the ski and feel the cold breeze gushing through your veins with an adrenaline rush.
- Speed Boat Rides & Sailing - Here you get to choose between a calm sailing experience on the shallow waters or an exciting speed boat ride in the deep waters with your friends and family as South Goa gives both options.
- Scuba Diving - Home to various species of marine animals, Goa is an amazing place to have a deep diving or scuba diving experience which is worth every second spent on the ocean bed absorbing the alluring visuals in your memory.
- Snorkelling - Similar to scuba diving, Goa’s waters provide another option to indulge in marine life as you can go diving in the shallow waters. Snorkelling is an underwater activity where the diver wears a mask named snorkel on the face and swims underwater, however, near the surface of the water.
Where To Go?
Benaulim Beach is one of the top options among these beaches. This beach is also home to dolphins giving you a fiction-like experience as you interact with the dainty creatures. While planning your visit to South Goa, you can choose to stay at our resort, Lotus Eco Beach Resort which is just 500 metres away from Benaulim Beach and provides luxurious accommodations and fine dining options to our guests with easy access to the beaches in Goa.
The next beach that you can choose to visit is Palolem beach which has gentle waves and shallow waters, perfect for swimming and sports like kayaking, sailing, surfing as well as scuba diving. For scuba diving, you can avail of boat services to the nearby islands.
Colva Beach is another option for you to visit as the white sand beach is perfect for jet skiing, speed boat rides and parasailing. You can also enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling if you go a little farther from the coast.
So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and pamper the water baby in you with these amazing water sports in South Goa with your loved ones.