The Orchid has taken important steps to incorporate energy-efficient designs and systems from the very beginning, by utilizing natural and environment-friendly resources of energy.
- The Orchid utilizes skylight, detailed in a manner of doubled layered domes. This allows us to reduce the heat load along with noise levels without sacrificing on the ample natural light which lights up the lobby and corridors of the hotel during day time.
- We use LEDs, which are widely known for their energy efficiency, thus allowing us to save a tremendous amount of energy.
- Motion Sensors are used to control the office area lighting when the person is not in the office. The light goes off automatically after a while, allowing The Orchid to achieve maximum energy efficiency.
- Dimmers are used in the Banquet Hall, Restaurant and Bar to control the wattage and set the lighting as per ambience. It saves 25 to 30% of electricity in the area.
- Master Control Panels are installed in the guest rooms which have an incorporated Eco-button. This when pressed, increases the AC temperatures of the room by 20C, thus conserving energy.
- VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) has been installed to control the condenser pump, cooling tower fan, secondary chilled water systems, etc. for reducing the motor speed and the load on energy consumption.
- A Heat Pumpcan be found at The Orchid which turns the vapour back into cold water. This cold water is used for purpose of air conditioning, hence reducing tonnage for the compressor to cool the water. This allows us to conserve energy.