We, The Orchid, Asia’s First 5-Star Eco-friendly Hotel, commit ourselves towards continually improving our Environmental Management in the Hospitality Industry by following such sustainable practices which will not affect the surrounding.
- Only potted plants are used.
- Environment-friendly room amenities and stationery
- Use of cloth bags and minimum use of plastic.
- Health club uses only herbal products like lemongrass, coconut oil and aromatic Ayurvedic oils for steam and massage. This reduces the chemical load on the wastewater.
- Ozone is used instead of carcinogenic chlorine to treat the swimming pool and drinking water at orchid.
- From the construction stage, The Orchid has opted for Eco-friendly alternatives from the foundation to the operations -
The cement used in the construction is PPC (Portland Pozzolanic Cement), comprising of 15-35 % fly ash content (a by-product from Thermal Power Plants).
- QED Wall Panels - made from fertilizer waste - have been used as partition rather than red bricks.
- MDF (Medium Density Fireboard) is utilized rather than using natural wood as it is controlling deforestation by reducing demand.
- AAC (Aerated Autoclaved Concrete) has been used rather than conventional concrete. AAC also comprises of fly ash and reduce environmental impact due to its resource efficiency.