We, The Orchid, Asia’s First 5-Star Eco-friendly Hotel, commit ourselves towards continually improving our Environmental Management in the Hospitality Industry by following such sustainable practices which will not affect the surrounding.
- Only potted plants are used.
- Use of environment-friendly room amenities and stationery
- Use of cloth bags and minimum use of plastic.
- Health club uses only herbal products like lemongrass, coconut oil and aromatic ayurvedic oils for steam and massage. This reduces the chemical load on the wastewater.
- Ozone is used instead of carcinogenic chlorine to treat the swimming pool and drinking water atThe Orchid.
- From the construction stage, The Orchid has opted for Eco-friendly alternatives from the foundation to the operations -
The cement used in the construction is PPC (Portland Pozzolanic Cement), comprising of 15-35 % fly ash content (a by-product from Thermal Power Plants).
- QED Wall Panels - made from fertilizer waste. these have been used for partition rather than red bricks.
- MDF (Medium Density Fireboard) is utilized rather than using natural wood, as it controls deforestation by reducing demand.
- AAC (Aerated Autoclaved Concrete) has been used rather than conventional concrete. AAC also comprises fly ash and reduce environmental impact due to its resource efficiency.